[pmmail-list] newlines in filters? -- Sircam virus/worm

Kris Sorem Sr pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 29 Jul 2001 14:47:52 -0700 (PDT)

On Sat, 28 Jul 2001 16:13:30 -0500, Dave Hathaway wrote:

>But none of your replies answer as to whether I can use newlines in
>filters. :)  At this point, it is just curiousity.

The explicit answer is No. I have found no provision in ICSL filtering
to use any code to represent a new line. Except for the header date
field, ICSL filtering is primarily string-oriented. Entering multiple
lines enclosed in quotes does not work. I haven't found a way to use
the escape character and use the ascii code of CR/LF. This makes it
difficult to match consecutive lines in the body since ICSL filtering
will search for any occurance of the specified string regardless of
where it is located in the body. This could be achieved with a program
or rexx script but doesn't seem to be worth the effort right now.
--
JMO,
/s/~Kris