[pmmail-list] newlines in filters? -- Sircam virus/worm - execute vs. view

Jerry Prather pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 15:59:02 -0400 (EDT)

On Mon, 30 Jul 2001 20:27:56 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms
wrote:

>There's no logic to "view" this kind of files,
>> since is very unlikely that they will contain any readable information (at
>> least on Windows but also on OS/2).

There certainly is a way to view an .exe file in OS/2.  I
just did it.  I opened an editor and told it to open an
.exe file.  It did so without starting the program.  Your
second point is more correct, depending on the type of
file.  If it is file that has been compiled, you're going
to see a bunch of uninterpretable garbage.  But if it's a
pure .bat file or a text-written .com file, you can see it
all hanging out!

HTH,
Jerry
"Those that turn their swords into plowshares will plow for those that don't."
                                                                -Unknown