[pmmail-list] PMMail New Features List

Dr. Martin R. Hadam pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 02 Jun 2001 20:49:21 +0100

On Fri, 01 Jun 2001 09:27:17 -0400 (EDT), Gregory L. Marx wrote:

>>>Anyway, IMO the single biggest feature that PMMail/2 needs is
>>>support for HTML/RTF ...
>>
>>as long as we aren't forced to endure HTML/RTF rendering in the mail
>>client; I support the current feature to view such onerous content in
>>the browser.
>
>Yuck !!!  Loading up Communicator/2 to read an email would suck bigtime
> - IMO !!! Unless they could utilize the Gecko engine from Mozilla, which
>hopefully would be smaller and faster ...

 just as an aside: I've spoken at CeBIT with someone who had (then)
already made a Gekko-ized version of WebExplorer and it seems to work.
Or to be less cryptic: use the html-rendering engine of Mo/Warp-zilla
to properly display html in a(ny) program's window. This general
approach has been discussed at length some time ago on the eCS list.
BTW, as to the person having done this feat, I'm not supposed to be
more specific; sorry.

 If the OS/2 programmer's community would be a bit more focussed on the
things we really need (and less so on conquering MS or porting the *nix
universe), quite a few problems wouldn't exist (and there wouldn't be
significantly more by acting this way). Gekko is around since when???
[btw, this need not to be done by BSW, they could just incorporate /
load such a DLL].

 Martin

 Martin R. Hadam
 Kinderklinik - Medizinische Hochschule