[pmmail-list] AKMAIL - ?????

Martin Jansen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 15:54:05 +0200

On Mon, 04 Jun 2001 14:03:07 +0200, Sven Schumacher wrote:

>1. AKMAIL can optionaly make use of Internetexplorer to
>view HTML-Mails. PMMAIL can't show all html-mailcontent.

If PMMail is going to use Internet Explorer to display
HTML mail, we will soon have the same problems than the
Outlook users already have (security holes because of
VB script etc.). A few days ago Jimmy wrote something
about a new editor for PMMail that really looks good.

>3. AKMAIL can use external PGP (like the OS/2 version of PMMAIL can do)
>This is more flexible.

That might be really nice for PMMail since I'm very sad
that I can't use PGP 7 with PMMail.

>So BPS: AKMAIL wich is IMHO a clone of PMMAIL is on the
>way to get better than PMMAIL.

Is it really a clone? I always thought that it was something
completely different (an indicator for that might be that it
only runs on Windows). And IMO there has not been that much
developement on AKMail for the last year(s) ;-).

- Martin