[pmmail-list] On-the-fly spell checking

James L. Vaughn pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 04 Jun 2001 09:02:28 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 20 May 2001 11:21:43 -0700 (PDT), Lynn H. Maxson wrote:
>I'm an OS/2 user of PMMail and SpellGuard, which provides on the
>fly spell-checking at no loss in performance.  Normally word
>processors allow you to check the spelling of a word, a page, or a
>document with considerable flexibility inbetween.  As I am writing
>this I am using SpellGuard with the option of selecting the PMMail
>spellchecker, if I wanted to redo the document.  I find all the
>flexibility already available to me.

I'm an OS/2 user of PMMail/2 and SpellGuard, but there is a bug in
SpellGuard. If I click the "REPLACE" button, while any internet
application is running, os/2 stops. I get a blank screen with a warning
message. I have not run a trace, but I think it has something to do
with the com port. I'm using a Logitech wheel mouse, connected to PS/2
port. SpellGuard is better application then the spell-checker that
comes with PMMail/2, but support has vanished.

(-_-)
James L. Vaughn III
OS/2 Warp v.4.50 FP15
Java  v1.1.8