[pmmail-list] PMMail for Win2000 & OS/2

Christoph Brendes pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 09:45:02 +0200

On Wed, 06 Jun 2001 15:11:46 -0500, Mark Kleine wrote:

>Hello...
>
>I'm running OS/2 PMMAIL v 1.96a and testing a Windows 2000 version of pmmail (2340 build).
>
>I'm trying to read the messages from my OS/2 box on the winders box. I've copied the directory to the windows machine
>and then installed the windows pmmail program, (like the readme says) and when I start the pmmail program, I get a
>message that says errors have occurred.

Hi Mark,

I copy my messages (only the *.MSG files !) very often from OS/2 to Win
and from Win to OS/2. It is only a
suggestion (not tested): Do you copy the hole directory (with the
folder.* files) or only the *.MSG files?
In the first case: Copy ONLY the *.MSG files !

My way:

1) I create a TEMP dir in to right PMMail account
   (you can find it under e.g. XXXXX0.ACT/TEMP0.FLD/)
2) Copy ONLY the *.MSG files into this directory
3) reindex this directory

Then I rename the TEMP folder in PMMail or move the old messages into
their right places.

Greetings,
Christoph