[pmmail-list] PMMail New Features List

Martin Jansen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:28:13 +0200

On Thu, 07 Jun 2001 10:13:10 +0200, Hannes Hromadka wrote:

>I would like to have an option which part of a mutli part mime message I would
>like to view.

>If such a feature would exist i would set it to use plain text by default and
>view HTML mails only if there is additional information in the formating.

I haven't seen a message with important or useful additional
information in the HTML formatting. For me HTML mails are
simply disturbing and bothering: They waste bandwidth, are
often a security risk (have a look at Outlook Express) and
lot's of clients do not support them or can't display them
properly. I would be very happy to see an option in PMMail
to convert incoming HTML mail automatically to plain text ;-).

- Martin