[pmmail-list] Oracle and standards (was: AKMAIL - ?????)

Michael Gerdau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 14:03:45 +0200

>Oracle does the same (which was somehow disappointing for
>me since I thought they want _all people_ to be able to
>read their announcements and mailings properly).

Oracle ? Sticking to _standards_ (they didn't invent themselves) ???

LOL.

Just look at their database and compare their SQL with ANSI SQL (they
are part of the committee). They even claim to be ANSI compatible !
(which of course they are - ANSI SQL 1 - dating back to something
like end of 70s; since then we had SQL 2 and SQL 3)

Sorry for the rant - having to deal with Oracle and ANSI conforming
RDBMS concurrently I'm regularly reminded of the incompatibility and
of course arrogance of this company.

Best,
Michael
--