[pmmail-list] Importing CSV Address File

Rod... Whitworth pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 30 Jun 2001 12:08:31 +1000 (EST)

On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 19:44:35 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Fri, 29 Jun 2001 13:03:17 -0400, Lane P. Lester wrote:
>
>>I've just started using PMMail, and I want to import my address file from another client (not one that is supported directly). So I've
>>created a CSV file, but I can't figure out what order of fields are needed. Here's what I have now:
>
>There should be something in the online help about the order of
>fields. I can't remember where exactly and my help file is broken
>right now but search around and you should find it.

I hope Lane is reading this too. Just in case anybody has trouble with
address books here is the PMMail database schemae.

File ADDR.DB contains address records.

This describes file named BOOKS.DB.

Field   Description
-----   -------------------
1       Address Book Description/Name
2       Sort Order: 0=Ascending, 1=Descending
3       Sort Type: 0=Alias, 1=Realname, 2=E-mail Address, 3=Phone
Number
4       Book ID number. Relates to field 24 in addr.db file records.
---

Field separator character is decimal 222 (x'DE').
Null (empty) fields contain decimal 225 (x'E1')
File BOOKS.DB contains book descriptor records for field 24.

This describes the file named ADDR.DB

Field   Describe
-----   ----------------------------
01      Email Address
02      Alias
03      Real Name
04      Add to RMB: 0=off, 1=on
05      Company
06      Title
07      Home Street
08      Home Bldg
09      Home City
10      Home State
11      Home Zip
12      Home Phone
13      Home Ext
14      Home fax
15      Bus street
16      Bus bldg
17      Bus City
18      Bus State
19      Bus Zip
20      Bus phone
21      Bus ext
22      Bus fax
23      notes
24      book # (i.e. 1)
25      Home country
26      Bus Country

Data originally provided by Jimmy IIRC.

Hope it helps any queries about dealing with address books data.

In the beginning was The Word
and The Word was Content-type: text/plain
The Word of Rod.