[pmmail-list] Signatures - feature request

Frank Winkler - Sun Germany REOS - Munich pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 1 Mar 2001 22:12:08 +0100 (MET)

 >Not really. This is the exact problem I described in the *original*
 >signatures email.
 >
 >Gene Gough put his comment at the top of the message--which I agree
 >is a good thing--and (I assume) used an auto-signature in PMMail.
 >Unfortunately, PMMail appended his signature to
 >the absolute bottom of the message, instead of putting it directly
 >below Gene's message.

I disagree. IMO messages should not be quoted in whole but only single
lines or a bunch of them should be followed by the answer.
M$ began to mux up traditional quoting with Outlook's behavior (its
users are incapable of writing readable messages) and now the entire
world shall be convinced that that's the way it works.

 >This is the original feature I requested: that auto signatures should
 >be placed directly after the reply, NOT at the absolute end of aw
 >message.

And the sig belongs tp the very end of the message - as it is.

Regards

Frank Winkler                             frank.winkler@germany.sun.com
Sun Microsystems - Remote Admin Center
Sonnenallee 1                                   Voice +49 89 46008.2755
85551 Heimstetten - Germany                       Fax +49 89 46008.2740