[pmmail-list] Signatures - feature request

Warner Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Thu, 01 Mar 2001 18:55:02 -0800

On Thu, 01 Mar 2001 15:19:35 -0800, Curtis Delzer wrote:

<snip>

>sight can just look down your screen to the place where the > symbols
>stop and vuala you've got your comments even if they're only "amens" or
>"I agree" ones...   Another point is that the  editor always puts your
>cursor on the first line above the quotes so any of you have to either
>arrow down past the quoted material or highlight what you wish quoted
>and then put your comments purposely after the quotes, <why?>  :^)

When it comes down to it, it doesn't necessarily matter which editor I
use or how it behaves.  The REAL gist of the matter is, some people
prefer one way, and some people prefer another.

I'm all for making the position of the signature an *option*, but I
don't want a mail program to tell me where to put my replies.  And I
prefer putting new text after the quoted stuff because, for me, it's
easier to read.  I have to use a different email program at work
everyday, where it forces me to put my reply before the quoted text.
Having tried using email both ways (before and after), I find that
having the reply before the quote is just damned annoying, and it can
make threaded discussions between a large number of people very hard to
follow (this depends on the discussion, of course).

-Warner