[pmmail-list] Updated editor

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:51:13 -0500

Hello All,

Right now we are working on updating the editor used within PMMail by
replacing it with a third party one.  With this one we will will be
able to correct many issues (High-ASCII characters, word wrapping,
etc.) and add many new features (HTML, in-line images, etc.) all at
once.

An early beta of the version with this editor should be ready in the
next 2 weeks.

With a component taking care of these issues/features, we will be able
to focus on the other ones once this is implemented.

There is a bit of bad news with it as well.  The company whose editor
we will be using has an OS/2 version, but they stopped development on
it so it has not been updated for some time.  Needless to say we will
not be using their OS/2 editor.

We did however receive the source code for the Windows version and are
looking into porting it.

Thanks,

jimmy

Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr.