[pmmail-list] ~Re: Quoting Style on reply

Lueko Willms pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 07:04:57 +0100 (MEZ)

On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 14:16:40 -0800 (PST), Steve Wendt wrote:

> On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 10:56:36 -0800 (PST), Kris Sorem Sr wrote:
>
> >AFAIC, the unchecked behaviour is all that is needed. No highlighting - no
> >quoting. This preference check could be eliminated.
>
> I wouldn't like that.... I prefer the full quoting, so I can formulate my response
> as I go, snipping out the portions I decide are irrelevant as I am writing.
> Responding to different portions of text would require you to still highlight the
> whole message, even if you are going to snip out everything in the middle.

   I also agree with that.

   I want that the switch "Quote Message Text in Replies..." in the
Preferences section of the Account Settings acts only on the default behaviour
with NO parts of the message highlighted, so that it is possible to quote
the marked parts of the message with both values of that switch.

Yours,
Lüko Willms
Frankfurt/Main
/ Lueko.Willms@T-Online.de