[pmmail-list] Updated editor

Hannes Hromadka pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:27:20 +0100 (MEZ)

On Fri, 02 Mar 2001 11:51:13 -0500, Jimmy S. McCorquodale, Jr. wrote:

>we will be using has an OS/2 version, but they stopped development on
>it so it has not been updated for some time.  Needless to say we will
>not be using their OS/2 editor.

The best editor for OS/2 still is EPM. It is highly configurable and can be
used as a MLE replacement dirctly in PMMail/2.

LaMail was a complete Apllication built on EPM.
Ultimail had a Handler for text editing based on EPM.
Someone made this Handler available for Ultimail light too.

And there was a toolkit with documetation how to embedd EPM in your own
aplication.

On windows I still miss an editor that is as much powerful as EPM on OS/2.

Before you say: Ultraedit or MED, or xxxxx. I really need an undo buffer that
does not loose its memory when you save the file.

 Greetings from Vienna

      Hannes

--
 Johannes Hromadka     | Email Office: Hannes@tnsbs4.sie.siemens.at