[pmmail-list] Updated Editor

Phil Kane pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 05 Mar 2001 06:46:37 -0800 (PST)

>       Date: Sun, 04 Mar 2001 12:31:46 -0800 (PST)
>       From: "Kris Sorem Sr" <norseman@humboldt1.com>
>       Subject: ~Re: Selective Quoting
>
>On Sun, 04 Mar 2001 09:33:16 -0800 (PST), Phil Kane wrote:
>
>> Would this also eliminate selective quoting by those of us who
>> use an external text editor (in my case, The Semware Editor -
>> TSE) for both reading and composing?
>
>I can't answer that. If PMMail will pass the highlighted text to your
>editor now then my suggestion wouldn't be a problem.

  It does in OS/2 - I haven't checked it in Win32 yet.

>> Would be nice if PMMail were to incorporate full-screen TSE
>> (available in both the original OS/2 and come-lately Win32
>> versions) as its default editor.....
>
>I rarely run any apps in full-screen. I don't need and certainly don't
>want to be forced into using a full-screen text editor.

  TSE can be run as either full-screen or windowed.  I for one am
  uncomfortable with any windowed app, especially w/p or text
  editor, that can't give me "console characters" on a full
  screen.  I was legally blind for several years and although I
  have half my eyesight back, windowed presentations give me eye
  strain.  And there's a  philoxophical point - my feeling is
  that text documents should be read and composed in a text mode.

  To each his own......I guess that I never learnedto whistle and
  chew gum at the same time.

--
  Phil Kane

  From a Clearing in the Silicon Forest