[pmmail-list] System Tray Icon

Brian Morrison pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 06 Mar 2001 15:57:40

On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 10:25:27 -0500, Steven Hollar wrote:

>I can't remember who it was, but someone, (Brain I think),  stated that
>bringing up the main window from the system tray by selecting to read
>or create new messages was done to fix a bug?

'Twas me (sic)...

>What was the bug again?  And why did the fix have to include bringing
>up the main window?

Not sure what the bug was, but apparently it was due to something to do
with the minimise to tray option. Jimmy?

I did not suffer with this bug.

>Can we get a fix so that the main window doesn't have to be displayed?
>It's very annoying to have to keep minimizing the window after choosing
>to create a new message or read new mail from the RMB of the system
>tray icon.

Absolutely agree. As yet none of the really serious problems I have
with the Win32 version (kernel32.dll crashes) and OS/2 (timed smtp
fetches just stop), nor the PGP integration in both versions, are
fixed. Personally it feels like PMMail is going backwards rather than
forwards, I just hope that something is happening.

Please BSW, is there a comprehensive bug list? What is fixed, what is
being fixed? After six years of using PMMail even my patience is
wearing thin....

              do you know how far this has gone?
               just how damaged have I become?
                                      'Even Deeper' by Nine Inch Nails