[pmmail-list] Move to different account

Richard R. Pufky pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 18:06:03 -0500 (EST)

Hello,

On Wed, 07 Mar 2001 11:22:35 -0800, Curtis Delzer wrote:
>Often I have also need such a feature, so this list of wanting people
>is long...  Also the ability to send a message in the future with a
>checkbox to enable and then combo boxes for yyyy/mm/dd/hh/mm/ss

This was discussed earlier (I can't remember if you were a part of the
original discussion, because I have deleted all copies of it that I had
-- that brings up a point, is there any archive of this list? Any
possibility of getting one set up if there isn't?)

Using existing software, this is already possible. Since you want to
send the message in the future, I'll assume you know what you want to
send and who you want to send it to. You can use PMMSEND to actually
send the message (type PMMSEND by itself to see the options).

So, now we can send the message, just have to set up something to send
it in the future. Cron would be perfect for this. Install cron, and
then set up a cron job to run the PMMSEND command at the specified
point in time that you want (yyyy/mm/dd/hh/mm/ss).

Your message will then be sent at the time you wanted it to be sent.

Hope this helps,
Rick