[pmmail-list] Latest Beta: Filter processing broken??

mark mutoxin pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 11 Mar 2001 10:44:15 -0500

hi.  just joined the list and apologize if i'm asking something that has already been discussed.  long story short, i'm
using the latest betas (for windows and os/2) and my relatively simple filters don't seem to be working.

as mail arrives, i peel off mailing list and individual specific mail into folders (the from: filters still seem to be
working) and am left with 2 kinds at the end, generic mail specifically addressed to: or cc: <myid@wherever.com)
and spam.  i use a 'simple' complex filter that specifically looks for my e-mail address and stops filtering on any
that is found.  everything else based on a common header value (smtp) is routed to a spam folder.

the 'simple' complex filter looks as follows:

h.to = "myid@wherever.com" |
h.cc = "myid@wherever.com" |
h.from = "myid@wherever.com"

lately, mail with headers that have no to:/cc: line whatsoever or a to:/cc: line for other addresses are getting to
my in-box and i'm stumped.  this used to work so i'm wondering if something has changed or is just buggy at this
point.  any advice will be appreciated.

finally, i'll appreciate it if someone can point me toward a good set of spam filters.  perhaps some pmmail wizard
has made theirs available to use and/or learn from.

thanks/regards, .. mark davidson