[pmmail-list] *wish* list

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 01:03:50 +0100 (CET)

Bonjour Guillaume !

I'm sorry ... my French is too bad to keep this thread alive ;) ...

On Sat, 10 Mar 2001 08:37:41 +0100 (CET), Guillaume Gay wrote:

 >>Instead of spending lots of time and money for other language versions we
 >>should get the one we have doing what we expect it to do.
 >I totally agree with you on that.  Moreover, despite my features proposals
 >were listed in no particular order, but you might have noticed the
 >"language" one was far at the end.

I didn't ... but I can't remember a list especially from you at all.

 >>Right, PMMail is far the best mailer I've ever seen
 >I don't know if this is THE best.  It is a darn good mail client, for sure.
 >It still need to be a bit polished that's all.

Some points need to be polished, other ones crave for an implementation :) ...

 >>Though I'm a native German speaker I don't have the slightest interest
 >>in a German version.
 >I feel comfortable with english too...  But what about other (OS/2 or
 >Windows) users?  For instance: why would Windows users pay for an english
 >mail client when they can have Eudora or NetScape that speaks in their
 >language for *free*?  The first choice is very often decisive, even if the
 >product is far from being the best of its category.

I can't really imagine that a foreign program language is a decicise issue. I'd
choose the software by its features and functionality - and if it was available
in English and German for the same price I'd still prefer the English one. I
hate those brain-dead translations and avoid non-English software on all
platforms wherever I can.

 >I like PMMail, and I'd like it to be used by a lot of users.  This could
 >even allow us to get a *NIX version one day. Who knows? (;-)

I've been dreaming of this for some years ...

 >I won't bother you with this anymore.  This will be my last mail on this
 >subject.

Why "bother" me? This is an issue which is of interest for all the members.

Regards