[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Beta Difficulties

Kevin Murphy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 13 Mar 2001 17:46:39 -0500

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:11:17 -0800 (PST), James L. Vaughn wrote:

>On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:35:44 +0100 (CET), Frank Winkler @home wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 12 Mar 2001 19:24:48 -0800 (PST), James L. Vaughn wrote:
>> >I don't understand the problem that you are having, You have to
>> >shutdown PMMail/2 for this option to run.
>>
>>Exactly _this_ is his probem!
>>

>What, are you saying that he never shuts down PMMail?? Doesn't he ever
>shutdown his computer?? That is not a good idea, you should shutdown
>your computer and reboot just to clear out the stray garbage.

Ever heard of a little thing called "uptime"?  Those of us using OS/2 tend
to have a very large amount of this, and tend not to reboot on a whim just
to "clear out the stray garbage"...

But this is completely beside the point.  You are simply giving an irrational
justification to the current behavior.  This still does not answer my initial
question, and I am still awaiting a response from a qualified, Blueprint
employee.  :-)

Thanks!

-Kevin Murphy

--