[pmmail-list] PMMail 2000 Beta Difficulties

Frank Winkler @home pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 14 Mar 2001 08:28:04 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:11:17 -0800 (PST), James L. Vaughn wrote:

 >> >shutdown PMMail/2 for this option to run.
 >>
 >>Exactly _this_ is his probem!
 >>
 >What, are you saying that he never shuts down PMMail?? Doesn't he ever
 >shutdown his computer?? That is not a good idea, you should shutdown
 >your computer and reboot just to clear out the stray garbage.

[x] you must have been using Windows before you switched to

I only shut down my machine when I'm leaving for a week-end or so. Otherwise,
it computes SETI and RC5 or acts as an ISDN call monitor or answering machine.
Why should I shut it down so often? To ruin the disks?

And why should I close PMMail? It doesn't crash permanently or prduce M$-ish
GPFs every five minutes so there is no need. Ok ... it seems to have a small
memory leak :/ ...

Regards