[pmmail-list] Problem with html-formated mails.

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:04:41 -0500 (EST)

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 20:44:39 +0100, Sven Schumacher wrote:

>I often get mail with html-tags like <a href="test">test</a> in its body. If I open the mail in the preview-pane or fullscreen I can see the links the mouse
>is changing to a 'hand' but nothing happens if I click on them. Sometimes IE5 opens but with the link text instead

The <a href="test">test</a> is likely an HTML jump tag that goes
nowhere.<g>  The part of the tag after "<a href=" should refer to a
different web page that the browser jumps to when you click on it.  The
browser, however, doesn't know if the destination in the tag really
exists, so the cursor will change shape when over the tag, but clicking
on it won't do anything if the destination is bad.

Ralph Cohen
rpcohen@neurotron.com