[pmmail-list] other textcolor for quoting

Warner Young pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 14:45:58 -0800

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 15:13:21 -0700, Dave in Phoenix AZ wrote:

>>>something I'm missing in PMMail 2000 is the possibility
>>>to choose another color for quoted text,
>
>I also think different colored text is very helpful reading and I like it
>BUT...it requires html and makes the size of the message huge vs text
>(although getting less of a problem with more folks using broadband options)
>but it looks like a mess if receiver has a mail client that doesn't read
>html.  For that reason I turned off html long ago and my messages are just
>boring same color text :)

That was my initial reaction, too, but then I realized it doesn't have
to be HTML mail.  This could be implemented (one possibility) so that
PMMail itself simply recognizes if a line begins with the > symbol.  If
so, it would color that line, even for plain text mail.

The idea being that PMMail simply colors the line when displaying to
you, without adding HTML code.  The downside, if you can call it that,
is that if you then reply to someone who doesn't use PMMail, the reply
section may or may not be colored when they read it.

-Warner Young