[pmmail-list] other textcolor for quoting

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 21:14:22 -0800

On Fri, 16 Mar 2001 23:47:46 -0500 (EST), Bruce Francis wrote:

>A good programmer wouldn't have *any* trouble with that!
>  (eg, just look for repetitive "opening" characters after the 0x0d,0x0a
>    combinations.....)

Unless it's a single line. But another way to approach it is to paint
any line that starts with non-alphanumerics as a quote (ignoring any
leading whitespace). This unfortunately paints separator lines (eg. a
line of 64 '=') as a quote. You could treat isolated lines like this
(blocks of only one kind of punctuation character with unquoted text
above and below) as non-quotes.

Treat the first line that contains 1-3 dashes (only) as the beginning
of a sig.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]