[pmmail-list] Address Book Not saving changes

Gene Gough pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 17 Mar 2001 17:28:01 -0500

Let me explain what I did so that possibly someone can help me fix my error.

I wanted to move pmmail from on logical drive to another since I had originally installed PMMAIL/2000 PRO
Windows on top of PMMAIL/98 PRO.   I built a directory structure in the new drive and copied all of the folders
except for those in the TOOLS folder.  Worked well,  and in a moment of senior stupidity, I deleted the original
install directories.  Then I realized that I was missing my address book, user dictionary, etc.   I had an OLD
address book backed up so I copied it in and started bringing it up to date.  Closed PMMAIL and reopened it and
none of the changes to the address book that I just made are there.    OH, I also copied the current ini file for
pmmail in order to get the new install working with the proper directory structure.

What is the best way to get back into sync here so that changes stay put?

Gene Gough                                         IBM - Retired                                                  Marietta, GA
Gough Family Page  :  http://www.goughfamily.com/home/albums.htm
Gough History           :  http://www.goughfamily.com/familytree/goughtree.html
Professional  Page    :  http://www.goughfamily.com/resume/software_expert.html