[pmmail-list] an existing feature i never saw

Edward B. Germain pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 10:07:27 -0500

Have I just missed this, or is it hidden somewhere?  In PMMail 2K in
Windows 2K, I needed to delete many sequential messages from my inbox.
Under OS/2 I could have clicked and dragged over then, marking them,
and then pressed delete.

I couldn't figure out how to do the equavalent in Windows 2K.  I
checked the help menu under "select" and "delete" but found no help.  I
just couldn't discover how to mark a block.  Eventually, by trial and
error, I discovered that if you select one entry with a left mouse
click, then scroll up or down down to the last entry in the sequence
you want to delete and then hold down the SHIFT key while you
left-click again, the whole list is highlighted.

I've been using PMMail for years and years, admittedly mostly under
OS/2, but I was astonished that I didn't know this capability in Win2K.

Am writing in case someone else might have missed the function, too.
(Probably this instructions on how to do this were right under my nose,
but I certainly struggled to find them, without success).  If others
missed this, too, then perhaps the documentation should be updated.

Best wishes,

--Ed Germain

  <egermain@mcttelecom.com>