[pmmail-list] How Do I....

John Swartzentruber pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:01:55 -0500

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 06:38:57 -0800 (PST), Phil Kane wrote:

>  How do I....
>
>  Turn off the "self-completing" feature in the To: Cc: and Bcc:
>  boxes in the New Message Compose window in both the OS/2 and
>  Win versions of PMMail and the "url" box in Netscape?

I like this feature, but agree that a switch should be present to turn
it off.

BUT, even more, I would like for this feature to work correctly.
Regardless of what pops up in the self-completing part, the string
should always contain exactly what I type. When my system is bogged
down (say during a heavy link), the completions pop up too slowly and
corrupt what I am typing. I can't reproduce it right now, but I think
the problem is that when self-completing text is added, it should not
move the caret and all of the text that is added after the caret should
be selected. That way when I type, it will replace what was added. I
believe that the developers should be able to reproduce or see the
problem pretty easily under the debugger.