[pmmail-list] How Do I....

Rodney R. Korte pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Mon, 19 Mar 2001 10:18:28 -0500

On Mon, 19 Mar 2001 06:38:57 -0800 (PST), Phil Kane wrote:

>  How do I....
>
>  Turn off the "self-completing" feature in the To: Cc: and Bcc:
>  boxes in the New Message Compose window in both the OS/2 and
>  Win versions of PMMail and the "url" box in Netscape?

Don't know about netscape, but in PMMail it's as easy as opening
PMMail->Preferences and unchecking the first box on the first page.

>  It's getting to be a real pain to delete the shaded portions of
>  a "self completing" address only  to have it reappear when I
>  type one more character (both I and my wife type w/o looking at
>  the screen).

I'm not sure I understand your problem.  If you type one more character,
the self-completing portion will go away if it wasn't the correct address.
I'm not saying there isn't a problem, only that I haven't seen it (or the
one Mr. Francis writes about)  The only problem I have with it is when I
actually want an address that is a truncated version of one of the memorized
addresses.  In that case, I simply "shift-end, delete" (another one of those
standard windows/os2 control thing).

--
Rodney R. Korte
Applied Research Laboratory