[pmmail-list] Content-Type: multipart/mixed; How do I...?

Chris Hellwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 21 Mar 2001 09:38:46 +0100 (MEZ)

Hi,

it looks too easy......

I would like to create a multipart/mixed; message (and see the result in
PMMail). I did the followig:

- took the header of the origignal message
- removed the 'Content-Type' field from header
- added a  'Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
boundary="_=_=_=ANY_BOUNDARY_4711_0815=_=_=_"'
to the header

- put the 2 parts of the of the message (a text/plain and a text/html) to the
message and separate it with
_=_=_=ANY_BOUNDARY_4711_0815=_=_=_

The message looks like a perfect multipart message.

All  that was done with a C-Program.
But after viewing it in PMMail it is not accepted as a multipart message.

BUT: If I take my generated message, remove the
and the boundarys in the message and replace them via Cut'n'Paste with
the ones from another message it works.

What the hell makes a boundary a boundary?????

I had a look to the different versions with a hex-editor to see some diffs in
CR/LF. Nothing to see.

Any idea. Where can i find a RFC? Is there some code around which works
as a filter for PMMail and produces multipart messages?

Asking
  Chris