[pmmail-list] Dynamic personalities

Joachim F. Selinger pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 08:52:33 +0100 (CET)

--1166131744-336465782-985333963=:5548

Hi Kenneth!

On 22 Mar, Kenneth Porter wrote:
> Will we soon see the ability to change the "personality" with which a
> message is signed? By this I mean set the From or Reply-to per-message
> instead of selecting it by choice of account when we hit the compose
> button? For example, when replying to a mailing list, I'd like to set
> the Reply-to to also be the mailing list address, so people won't
> automatically cc me a 2nd copy.

I second this wish, but jus as important is that I'd like tobe able to
leave the reply-to field completely empty from the start. It is by now
means a required field in the RFCs and completely obsolete in 90% of the
e-mails you write, as the from is the same and can be used instead. When
it comes to specific mails to mailing lists etc. you can then change it
whatever is appropriate.

> I would like the notion of personality to be distinct from that of
> account, so that any personality can be used when replying to a message
> in any account.

Exactly right!

My 2 cents
Jocki