[pmmail-list] Bad $cursor$ behaviour

Guillaume Gay pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 24 Mar 2001 10:38:07 +0100 (CET)

using -f
Bonjour,

I would like to point you to what looks like a bug to me.

I'm playing with Canned replies for a while, and I noticed the $cursor$
predefined variable assumes the canned reply is inserted at the *beginning*
of the message, where as a it can be inserted anywhere within...

I'm aware it is not THAT important, (;-) but I'd like the $cursor$ variable
to put the cursor at a *relative* position instead of an *absolute*
position.  This allows to insert a canned reply wherever you want in a
composed message.

Create canned reply with a $cursor$ in it.  Try to insert it at the end of
a message.  You'll notice the cursor position is calculated starting from
the  beginning of the message, not from the point at wich you inserted the
canned reply.

This also might affect the Windows version of PMMail. This is the reason
why I also post this mail to Trevor and Jimmy.

--
   __     | |             "Ich bin ein Merliner" (:-)
  /  |  . | |             =(Mail)=> gay@mail.dotcom.fr