[pmmail-list] Forwarded messages

Stefan Kirch pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 17:21:47 +0200

On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 10:12:24 -0500, John Swartzentruber wrote:

>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001 14:00:00 +0200, Stefan Kirch wrote:
>
>>In conjunction with "forwarding": Did you read the tip of
>>Kris Sorem Sr of using canned repies for "nice forwarding"?
>>
>>His idea was to use a canned reply with macros and with this,
>>format the forwarding as you want.
>>Try it - and you love it (I now use it allways for forwarding):
>
>Could someone please explain how to use canned replies for this?
>Believe it or not, "Canned replies" is not in the help index. I did
>find some info when I did a help search, but if I select forward, and
>then use the shortcut menu to select the canned reply, I end up with
>two copies of the forwarded message. The formatting seems to work, but
>manually deleting the original copy makes the process as difficult as
>manually editing the header information was.

Ok, here we go:

* Create a new canned reply (account/properties/canned replies/new)

* Give it a name (e.g. my forward)

* Enter in the Text-Field the text as wanted (normally, the idea of
  canned replies is something like a "clipboard", so you can insert
  text parts, which you use often. But you can also insert variables
  in the canned reply, like the actual date ($c.date$).
  A complete list is available in the help on
  "Predefined Variables for Filters and Canned Replies".

  So, if you enter the "special canned reply", the variables are
  replaced with the information of the forwarded message and therefore
  you formats the forward as you want!

* To use canned replies, click right mouse button in the message-part
  of a new message.

* To use this special forward, start the "normal" forward, enter the
  recipient-address, clear the whole message-part, right click, choose
  "My forward" and goggle :))

Ciao

  Steff