[pmmail-list] SMTP Auth doesn't use PLAIN for authentication... why?

Joachim F. Selinger pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 11:51:26 +0200 (CDT)

Hi BSW Team!

I was just trying to use SMTP Auth with PMMail/2 but it obviously
doesn't know how to handle the PLAIN method. This is the only one that
we at our ISP support. (Netscape does this very nicely)

When our SMTPD announces its AUTH methods, PMMail/2 seems to ignore the
offered choices and tries only CRAM-MD5 and LOGIN but not the offered
PLAIN.

Could you please include PLAIN?

PMMail/2 definetely has to check for the offered Auth mechanisms and
should fail with a meaningfull error if none matches the ones it
understands.

Thanks for any reply!

Jocki

Joachim F. Selinger        /  \ /  \/\ /\/  \               ___
Brunhildenweg 4           /    \/\ /  \  \/\ \               |
D-70597 Stuttgart,Germany/     /  / CU \ /  \ \  -----------(0)-----------
(49)+711-901-8040       /     /  /      /    \ \             '
=FAX+711-901-8041======selinger(@)idefix.s.bawue.de=========Soaring========