[pmmail-list] Why new version, if there are no new features?

Martin Jansen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 18:18:13 +0200

On Sat, 05 May 2001 17:58:59 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:

>On Sat, 05 May 2001 11:52:29 -0400 (EDT), Bruce Francis wrote:
>
>  Bad news:
>
>> Southsoft (Bob/Ike) are the *only* ones with
>> the source code to PMInews, and without that I doubt that BSW
>> can do much other than just implement the feature without help from
>> PMInews.  Stardock was just a distributor for PMInews and as such
>> had nothing to do with the source code,

Of course this is a bad thing for all those people
waiting for updates and bugfixes for PMInews. But I don't
think that this is something that can prevent BSW from
implementing features such as threaded view of messages
to PMMail.

For the developers of BSW it shouldn't be a big problem
to implement threaded view when they can fall back on
informations such as message ids, no matter if they
have the source code of PMInews or not.

- Martin