[pmmail-list] Why new version, if there are no new features?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 05 May 2001 19:55:03 -0400 (EDT)

On Sat, 05 May 2001 21:08:39 +1000 (EST), Rod... Whitworth wrote:

>Sure, fix bugs first. Then figure out which of the requested
>enhancements will suit the market you want to be in. Figure out which
>feature will make 6 one-off buyers happy and to hell with the 1 vote
>guy who pushed your product to heaps of SME customers.

An interesting point.  My company owns multiple licenses for PMMail.
Should people like us be entitled to more than one "vote", too?  I'm
hoping that Trevor's statement:

 "New features are prioritized based on the
 number of individuals requesting them (not
 on the number of requests per individual).

was unintentionally simplistic and that BSW actually does have a better
understanding of the difference between individuals and the numbers of
licenses they represent.

Ralph Cohen
rpcohen@neurotron.com