[pmmail-list] PMMail 2.20.2320 still crashing when retreiving email from POP3

Michael Gerdau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 09 May 2001 16:19:08 +0200

>  If this was in the original mail, and not only inserted by the
>webmail software, it really should cause an error in any eMail
>program.

I don't know wether this is the original email.

However it is the original file as it was written to my disk by the
email client build into Opera 5.11 [en].

Only change I did was renaming it.

>  But some would simply say, that it is not a valid eMail-Message,
>some others do crash. But a good program would never assume, that
>date received from outside are always correct and contain no error.

As I said, Opera could retrieve it (thereby possibly changing it).

Apparently it was able to travel from Lufthansa to t-online to be
delivered at my account as well.

For debugging purposes BSW might consider a special "debug-retrieval-mode"
which could tranfer whatever verbatim to the client and places it in
a special file (without the need to interpret the information).

Best,
Michael
--
 Vote against SPAM - see http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/