[pmmail-list] PMMail - VERY slow preview pane

Mike Kilroy pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sat, 19 May 2001 07:02:45 -0400

May not be worth much, but I found on some machines here that if
someone had a zillion messages in their mail folders that this exact
thing would happen.  I fixed one machine by xcopying all the pmmail
and its folders into another totally separate pmmail directory,
called it pmmail old, and then deleted most of the emails in the main
daily use one.  That speeded it right back up again.  Not much of a
solution, but maybe it will give you an idea or something.

But you make a comment that intrigues me:  How did you put the mail
folders in a location of your choice?????  I had asked that many
times way back, and was always told it was not possible!  I too would
like to be able to put everyone's mail folders on a particular
server!  HOW????

On Fri, 18 May 2001 16:27:17 +0200, Stefan Kirch wrote:

>I post this problems some weeks (or month) ago, but got
>no real help. So, once again:
>
>Some users here in our network have the problem, that PMMail
>is VERY slow, when showing the messages in the preview pane
>or in the message-windows. Getting the emails from the
>pop3-server is very fast, but at the moment, you click on a
>message, the computer seems to freeze and it takes minutes,
>before showing the message in the preview pane.
>
>We installed PMMail in that way, that the program is on
>c:\program files\.... and the mail-directory is on the
>server. The same configuration on some other system works
>fine and fast.
>
>Yes, there is NetShield active on the server - but: NO, it
>takes the same time, if I disable the NetShield-Task on the
>server. Showing the messages from the explorer with notepad
>is VERY fast.
>
>Any idea? It's really urgent!!!
>
>  Steff
>
>- pmmail-list - The PMMail Dicussion List ---------------------------