[pmmail-list] Washed out icons in 16M colors ?

Ralph Cohen pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 04 Nov 2001 16:15:31 -0500 (EST)

On Sun, 04 Nov 2001 19:23:27 +0100 (CET), Anders Jarnberg wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>I'm running eComStation with SciTech Display Doctor in
>1280x1024 and 16M colors.
>The folder/unread/etc icons in PMMail look very "washed out"
>in that resolution. The other yellow folder icons (like on the
>desktop and in ProNews/2) look good in 16M, but PMMail doesn't
>seem to like it. I've turned down to 65k colors now, and the
>icons look like they should.
>
>Bug ? Working As Designed ?

This problem can sometimes be fixed by adding the line SET
ENH_STRETCH=N to your config.sys file to turn off the enhanced
stretching that OS/2 tries to perform on some graphic objects.  You'll
need to reboot after making the change.

Ralph Cohen