[pmmail-list] Invalid header causes crash in 2380

Rodney S Baker pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 06 Nov 2001 23:11:01 +1050

On Tue, 06 Nov 2001 06:45:24 -0400, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>[...]
>I don't think the crash being reported now (invalid char in header
>line) is the same as the one I was referring to a year ago (some
>weird problem with double-encoded, javascript containing spam).

I'm also seeing this with the current version of PMMail 2000 (Win32). I have had numerous occasions where PMMail has crashed whilst retrieving messages
and it ties up with this bug report (spam with invalid characters in the header). Deleting the offending messages from the service again fixes (or masks) the
problem.

I'm also getting crashes (consistently) reading mail with attachments from Outlook clients. This is very frustrating, although I only see it at home. I'm running
version 2.20.2380 (Win 32) on NT4 SP6a (with all available patches/security fixes) with Office XP installed (at home; at work I run it on Win95 OSR2 with
Office 2k). This bug has been evident from the previous version and is consistently repeatable. I have emailed examples of offending messages to PMMail
Tech Support with detailed Dr Watson reports but so far have no resolution. Is anyone else seeing this?

Rodney.

Rodney S Baker		|	((2b)||(!2b)), that is the question.
rsbaker@senet.com.au		|	         - C programming by Shakespeare