[pmmail-list] Invalid header causes crash in 2380

Rodney S Baker pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 23:49:24 +1050

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 12:23:54, Brian Morrison wrote:

>On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 11:29:58, Paul Hodges wrote:
>
>>At the end of the headers, before the /empty/ line that defines the
>>break from headers to body is a line of just /spaces/ indicated by
>>xxx in the sample below.  When I removed this line PMMail picked the
>>message up OK.
>
>So it falls over on white space?
>
>Words fail me....

My copy crashed trying to open the offending message as attached to Paul's original posting. It seems that it is particularly sensitive to anything out of the
ordinary in the header area. Just wondering, how long was the line in question (how many spaces) or didn't you count? I had a message the other day which
had one line *many* characters long without a carriage return (which seemed to be just random characters) which also caused a crash. Could it be in fact
that the problem relates to header lines *longer* than expected, causing an overflow and thus an illegal memory operation?

Just a thought (although I'm not a programmer so I don't know if I'm making sense or not)...

Rodney.

Rodney S Baker		|	((2b)||(!2b)), that is the question.
rsbaker@senet.com.au		|	         - C programming by Shakespeare