[pmmail-list] Invalid header causes crash in 2380

Paul Hodges pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 07 Nov 2001 13:53:12

On Wed, 07 Nov 2001 08:44:38 -0500 (EST), Tom Pauncz wrote:

>  Mine (2380 or 2370) did not crash on opening the attachment .. very curious indeed!!

Yours is OS/2, ours is Windows - so there is the difference, though
it's surprising if the code is not the same...

Going further in my guess as to the error, I suspect that the loop
skipping the white space is not checking for CRLF, so that when it
gets the CR it puts it into the header as a character and then scans
starting at the LF looking for CRLF which it may not find for a long
time.

On second thoughts, the difference in code and data layout between
the two compilers could easily make erroneous code like that trap in
one case and not in another.

Paul Hodges
QBS Software Ltd