[pmmail-list] Strange problem since eCS GA

Joachim Selinger pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 18 Nov 2001 12:10:01 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

I finally managed to update my system to eCS GA (from eCS Preview 1)
that was sitting around for a couple of months now.

Since then, my PMMail/2 (sitting still on the same extra drive and
wasn't affected by the upgrade) is behaving really strange.

Messages don't show any text in the preview pane and neither in the
message view window.  If I select Ctrl-V or Alt-V I can see the full
text.  This is strange, as I could not find any system behind the loss
of showing the text and the reappearance.  I can click around in all
kind of messages of all kind of different folder and none will show any
text, until at some point the text shows again, even for the messages
that I couldn't view before.  Then after reading some, it suddenly
starts again and I can't see any either.

If I open the message and press Ctrl-V or Alt-V twice, the message text
is there already.

It seems to me that the funny creation of a text.bo?? file in the TEMP
dir has to do with it.

When can we expect the message opening and reading to take place in
memory and not in the drive? I think this is an important issue.

BTW, the drive is a JFS drive that works flawlessly with other apps.

Greetings and hoping for a pointer or solution
Jocki
PS: I'm running 2.20.2380, but it was the same for 2.20.2300.