[pmmail-list] Filtering on dollar sign

Menno Tillema pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 11:17:00 +0100

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:32:34 -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:

>This dumps all messages, not just those with dollars in the subject
>line, into my MMF Spam folder. Escaping the $ with a backslash does not
>match any messages containing a dollar.

>From the help:

It is important to note that with the new ICSL 2.1, you cannot simply
use a dollar sign ($) anymore.  The '$' now represents a variable, and
thus to use a single '$' you must type in double dollar signs ($$),
otherwise the dollar sign will be stripped out.  If a variable is
unknown, misspelled, or not supported, it will be left in the text
exactly as you typed it in.

---
Tot mails, <Menno>