[pmmail-list] Mail Filter for User Group

Winfried Tilanus pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 27 Nov 2001 18:14:56 +0100 (CET)

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 17:51:41 +0100, Alfred Haider wrote:

>my idear was, I will creat a User Group "Spam" in my addressbook. If
>I get a spam-mail I can add the sender to the user-group by "Add
>Sender to Group".
>Now i want to set a filter that every mail, that came from a user
>that is in the user-group "SPAM" will be moved in an subfolder.
>If I will do it the way you described it, i must create an filter for
>each user.

If you call this book "spam" it is:

h.fromid="$ab.spam$"

(look in the help at ICSL Help and ICSL Variables)

But often the from adress is used only once or twice by spammers. I
don't like adding the address over and over again. So I do it the other
way around: If the mail doesn't have your e-mail adress in the to field
(most spam doesn't) and if it isn't from someone you know, then chances
are big it is spam. So my spam-filter looks like:

!(h.fromid="$ab$" | h.to="winfried.t@inter.nl.net" |
h.cc="winfried.t@inter.nl.net")

Only occasional some spam gets through (I might add some extra checks
on exclamation marks, html, etc soon)

Best wishes,
Winfried

--