[pmmail-list] PMMAIL immune to most email viruses?

Kenneth Porter pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 02:59:08 -0800

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 02:38:41 -0600, J Stewart wrote:

>Most of the email viruses I have heard of affect Outlook users.
>Would I be correct in thinking that people who use PMMail
>don't have as much to fear from those types of viruses?

Sorta. The viruses can't launch themselves in PMMail, but a newbie user
might still double-click on an attachment and infect himself.

The danger in M$ clients is that, unpatched, they will automatically
launch the attachment just by previewing the message and that will
infect the machine.

Ken
mailto:shiva@well.com
http://www.sewingwitch.com/ken/
[If answering a mailing list posting, please don't cc me your reply. I'll take my answer on the list.]