[pmmail-list] Filter for newest virus

Dave Hathaway pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:22:32 -0600

On Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:13:20 +0100, Stein Lokke Tomassen wrote:

>On Tue, 27 Nov 2001 07:27:29 -0800, Kenneth Porter wrote:
>>For PMMail, you have to open the attachment. PMMail lacks the iframe
>>vulnerability.
>>
>Maybe, but PMMail do crash when I receive a mail with this virus. Maybe because it tries
>to do an operation that is not supported, or is it F-Secure Anti Virus that crash PMMail?
>
>Stein

I have received something like a dozen of the newest virus, and maybe a
hundred of the SirCAM, with nary a crash.  I usually do view the files,
too (morbid curiosity?).  I do not use preview.

I don't suspect your virus checker, because the virus comes in MIME
encoded (or maybe UUencoded).  I believe nearly all virus checkers
look at the binary image, not an encoded form.

So the mixed message I am sending is "I have no crashes and I don't
know why you have them." :-/

Dave