[pmmail-list] Remote Control Problem...RC Only Reads 100 Messages

Kenn Yuill pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:25:18 -0500

** Reply to message from "Frank Winkler @home" <Frank.Winkler@consol.de> on
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 20:58:52 +0100 (CET)

Hello Frank,

People use these two terms interchangeably, with confusing results.  Normally.
a process is a series of actions, any one of which could be a task, whereas a
task is a piece of work, or a job.  It would appear to me from the description
that it is a task.
Of course, I am sure that you are aware of the difference.

__________________ Original Message Below __________________

On Thu, 29 Nov 2001 12:23:46 -0500, Alan Neustadtl wrote:

> If this is a POP server issue, does anybody know what I would
>call this problem so our tech people could look into the problem. Is
>there a name for the process when pmmail queries the server? My tech

Are you talking about a "process" in the sense of a Unix task? If so, there are
several possibilities, maybe depending on the OS.

Regards

Ciao,
       Kenn
  Always act as if life is a joyous journey.
    Kenn Yuill    Warp 4.0  FP10    Java 1.18
      PolarBar Mailer 1.21b    ICE HTML Browser
	 -  A Thought for Today  -   30 Nov 2001

Just think how happy you would be if you lost everything
 you have right now, and then got it back again.
  - Frances Rodman