[pmmail-list] time to clear trash - performance

PMMail OS/2 Support pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Sun, 07 Oct 2001 20:39:40 -0300

On Sun, 07 Oct 2001 11:25:49 +1000 (EST), David Forrester wrote:

>I've seen this problem for a while, but I was blaming it on FAT32.  I
>have had my mail on a shared FAT32 partition on my laptop (400MHz

I also use Fat32 for both my versions of PMMail but when I tested the
system lately, I did so only on HPFS.

>Just did some tests under OS2 (Warp4, FP15, PMMail on HPFS drive):
>
>-  with over 2500 items in trash, and delete on shutdown set to 60 days
>closing PMMail took over 5 minutes.  The system would respond, but it
>wasn't really usable.

I saw 10 minutes but that seems consistent with my results.

--
Trevor Smith
PMMail/2 Technical Support