[pmmail-list] Mutiple Attachments

Chris Hellwig pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 14:10:32 +0200 (MSZ)

On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 10:48:10 -0300, PMMail OS/2 Support wrote:

>On Wed, 05 Sep 2001 07:57:12 +0200 (MES), Lueko Willms wrote:
>
>>   OTOH, while one should be very strict with a standard on the
>>sending side, on the receiving side, one should be very permissive
>>with the standards and allow for a lot of strange behaviour.
>
>In theory, I think it is unfair to expect a mail client to be "very
>permissive" on the receiving end. Or, at least I think it would be
>unfair if people started calling things 'bugs' if they weren't as
>permissive of broken standards as they wanted them to be.
>
>However, in practice, I think you're advice is probably the best I've
>ever seen. Ideally we should be very permissive in receiving. That's
>just my opinion though so please don't interpret it as a promise that
>BSW is going to do or not do anything specific.
>

>--
>Trevor Smith
>PMMail/2 Technical Support
>pmmailos2@blueprintsoftwareworks.com

Hi,

thats true, but I would love to see a Mail client (i.e. PMMail) decoding its own attachements correctly!

See what PMMail produces; it results in
Unnamed Attachment 1.ATT
and
Unnamed Attachment 2.ATT
when viewing in the same PMMail client!!!!! (2.20.2380)

I found the line
as the 'filename' killer. Removing this line in the message file *.msg result in correct attachement file names!

As I said: both, the wrong (?) encoding as well as the wrong (?) decoding are done by PMMail and so I think it is a
BUG!

Chris Hellwig

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.GKY97C138764=_=_=_

--_=_=_=IMA.BOUNDARY.GKY97C138764=_=_=_