[pmmail-list] problem with pm mail

Marty Rimpau pmmail-list@blueprintsoftwareworks.com
Tue, 09 Oct 2001 13:36:14 -0700

>Hi, all, I have pm mail version 2380, 192 megs of ram, a 400 megs
>processor, double talk internal, and windows 98 s e with window-eyes
>4.11, and the problem is this, if I either have a stream, or a file
>open in either real player or winamp, when I tab from the message list
>to the preview pane, the stream or the file stops for as long as five
>seconds, but sometimes it can be as short as about a half a second, but
>this behaviour is inconsistant, and seems to depend on the number of
>messages in a list, for example, if I have one message in a folder,
>this doesn't happen, and, it doesn't happen if I tab to the preview
>pane, and press read to end, but this way of reading messages is
>cumbersom, and I like to be able to hear  the subject of a message
>before I read the message, to determine if it's interesting.  This
>behaviour does not happen if windows media player, or chaincast player
>are open, just winamp, and real player, and I know it's not the stream,
>but quite possibly a window-eyes problem, because as I say, if I press
>control shift r quickly after tabbing to the preview pane, this doesn't
>happen.  If anyone else is having this problem, please let me know, and
>if you solved it, what steps you took to rectify the problem?  I even

	>tried reindexing my account, and folders, but to no avail, so,
could
>some one please tell me what's going on.  Curtis, another pm mail user
>of window-eyes 4.11 does not have this problem, and I can't figure out
>why he wouldn't have this problem, yet I do.  I've even tried saving
>the window position on a message that doesn't exhibit this behaviour,
>but that doesn't work either, so if any pm mail users have any
>suggestions, I'd be glad to hear them, and thanks for helping in
>advance.
>Marty
P. S., the terms read to end, window-eyes, and unfamiliar hot key
combinations refer to the commands of our screen access technology that
we use to access the screen as blind computer users, so you're not
confused, double talk is one of the synthesizers we use as blind
people.  As I say, I don't get this behaviour when windows media player
is open, or when chaincast is open.  If anyone knows how to solve this
problem, please let me know, because out of all the players, windows
media takes up the most resources, along with real player, but winamp
doesn't take up the resources that media player, and real player do.
Thanks in advance for helping.
Marty